WinHelp tips and tricks
WinHelp for user
Do you know...
- To copy the text from popup topic to clipboard click the right mouse button
and choose Copy.
- You may browse all topics in the help file in a sequence by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Rigth/Left,
if you add the following lines to your WIN.INI:
- You may use TAB and SHIFT+TAB to move between the hotspots in the topic.
Or press and hold CTRL+TAB to see all hotspots (most useful with segmented hypergraphics).
WinHelp for author
- You can call context-sensetive help using context strings,
even without mapping them to numbers, like this:
WinHelp( hWnd, "MyFile.HLP", HELP_COMMAND, "JumpID(`MyFile.HLP',`MyContext'")
Source code in Basic and C of the function MyWinHelp( hWnd, sFile, sContext )
that makes use of this trick is found in
search keyword Context-sensitive help.
- You can use HCW.EXE to edit help project options and to trace
macro execution in any help file.
- If you want WinWord to open at startup most-recently-opened document,
create AutoExec macro in Normal.DOT and put there a command:
- To start help automatically after a successful compile..
- for HC31.EXE: add the following line to AHC.BAT
if not errorlevel 1 start %1.hlp
- for HCW.EXE: open macro AhCompile and add the
/R option to HCW.EXE command line.
- You can change any hotkey assignment from Tools=>Customize... dialog
Save Changes In=Astro.dot)
Victor Sapojnikov * March 16, 1997